Online & traditional marketing for restaurants & takeaways
Marketing for restaurants & takeaways
Each week, E-creation produces a free marketing fact sheet for local businesses with traditional & digital marketing hints & tips. Today, we focus on restaurants & takeaways.
In the UK, food and drink spending outside of the home is close to ┬ú100,000,000. This represents a massive opportunity for growth & profit. However, thriving during times of economic difficulty requires simple, cost-effective marketing strategies that are proven to work. Marketing you restaurant or takwaway can be simply divided into four key areas:
ΓÇó Passing trade
ΓÇó Word of mouth
ΓÇó Advertising & PR in the press
ΓÇó The Internet & online marketing
Below, we have provided examples of specific, effective and quick to implement marketing to help grow your business. E-creation can help implement these as part of an overall strategy or on an individual basis. We can create a professional and unique website for your restaurant or takeaway for as little as ┬ú495. We can help with signage, design, logos, advertising, search engine optimization and social networking.
10 free marketing tips for restaurants & takeaway businesses:
- Have an easy-to-remember phone number. Simple yet effective!
- A portable folding sign that people have to walk around. ItΓÇÖs more effective at catching passing trade than in window marketing.
- Use Twitter to promote daily / weekly specials (done simply by sending a text) to achieve greater footfall & search engine rankings.
- Employ 3rd party marketing tools like TopTables for guaranteed bookings in slower periods of business using special offers.
- Create a Facebook group (itΓÇÖs free!) for customers to upload photos, share experiences and do your marketing online for you.
- Include a photo gallery on website of famous clients (and keep a cheap digital camera on premises). Provides that ΓÇÿblingΓÇÖ factor.
- Create an e-mail marketing database by offering a discount on first order / meal ΓÇô and then communicate regularly by e-mail.
- Use the local press. Nurture your relationship with local press by offering ΓÇÿtastingΓÇÖ evening ΓÇô the PR can be invaluable.
- Most people eat out on their birthday ΓÇô capitalize by using marketing database to ΓÇÿremindΓÇÖ customers at appropriate moment.
- Use Royal MailΓÇÖs local leaflet drop service. It costs as little as ┬ú39 + VAT per 1,000 ΓÇô thatΓÇÖs a lot of eyeballs for not much money.
So thatΓÇÖs 10 easy ways to increase turnover & profitability, as successfully used by 1000ΓÇÖs of UK restaurants & takeaways. There are many approaches to building business but often the simplest deliver results fastest & most effectively.
for a printable PDF of our free marketing fact sheet for restaurants & takeaways.